- Sedimentation of One and Two Helices including Hydrodynamic Interactions
Barbera Droste, Master’s thesis, July 2016
- Phase and vacancy behaviour of hard slanted cubes: a quantitative analysis on the influence of shape
Robin van Damme, Master’s thesis, 2016
- Charge and Morphology Studies of Coloidal Silica
Chiara Raffaelli, Master’s thesis, October 2015
- Detect clustering in cells using Homo-FRET
Kyo Beyeler, Master’s thesis, October 2015
- Structures in Active Lennard-Jones Systems
Harmen Sielcken, Bachelor’s Thesis, June 2014.
- Diffusion in hard-sphere interstitial solid solutions
Emma Lathouwers, Bachelor’s thesis, June, 2014.
- 3D Real Space Measurements on Colloidal Silica Rods in a Gravitational Field
Chris Kennedy, Master thesis, July 2014.
- Colloids near Oil-Water Interfaces – Charge regulation, Phase behavior and Interfacial motion
Jessi van der Hoeven, Master thesis, July 2014.
- Thermal and laser-induced deformation of Au@SiO2 rods
Querijn de Graaf, Bachelor thesis, June 2014.
- Nucleation of nanoparticles in a coarse grained fluid
Sebastiaan Oude Voshaar, Master thesis, 2014
- Van der Waals interactions and microstructural changes in cellulose microfibrils dispersions
Coen Klik, Bachelor thesis, June 2014.
- The road to creating a smectic phase of silica rods by spin coating
Guy Frissen, Bachelor thesis, June 2014.
- The phase behaviour, drift and defects of colloidal structures near an oil-water interface
Rinse Liefferink, Bachelor thesis, Juny 2014.
- Manipulating the refractive index with responsive colloids
Tom Welling, Bachelor Thesis, June 2014.
- Developing a method for the spin coating of silica rods
Isabelle Palstra, Bachelor Thesis, January 2014.
- Simulations of Colloidal Quasicrystals Using a Simple Model[20MB]
Bachelor Thesis Jan-Willem Buurlage, June 2013
- Comparing hydrodynamics to electrodynamics to find the translational friction tensor
Bachelor Thesis Gijs van Boosten, June 2013
- Patchy Silica Particles
Merel Lefferts, Master Thesis, August 2013.
Supplementary information patchy particles.avi
- Monte Carlo simulations of tetrahedral clusters of spheres
Gaia Steinbuch, Master thesis 2013
- Colloidal silica rods in electric fields: Towards a two-dimensional system
Tim Coopmans, Bachelor Thesis, June 2013.
- Phase behaviour of a binary mixture of FITC-labeled silica rods and TRITC-labeled silica spheres
Barbera Droste, Bachelor Thesis, June 2013.
- Flexible strings of colloidal particles
Anne de Beurs, Bachelor Thesis, June 2013.
- Synthesis of Rigid Colloidal Bead Chains in an Apolar Solvent
Dustin van Weersel, Bachelor Thesis, June 2013.
- Flexible fluorescently labelled colloidal bead chains: synthesis and their real-space studies
Ernest van der Wee, Master Thesis, March 2013.
- Crystallization of silica colloids within spherical confinements
Kyo Beyeler, Bachelor Thesis, February 2013.
- Colloids in Low-polar Solvent under Influence of an Electric Field
Jasper Clarijs, Bachelor thesis, January 2013.
- Self-Assembly of Octahedral Patchy Particles
Serwan Asaad, Bachelor Thesis, January 2013
- Mutual structures of colloidal rods and spheres
Evert Wiegant, Bachelor Thesis, January 2013.
- Self-Assembly of Colloids within the Spherical Confinement of Emulsion Droplets
Dirk Groenendijk, Bachelor Thesis, June 2012.
- Semiflexible bead chains in shear flow
Faranaaz Rogier, Bachelor Thesis, July 2012.
- Colloidal Rods in Electric Fields
Bart de Leeuw, Bachelor thesis, March 2012.
- Synthesis of disc-like colloidal particles – shaken not stirred
Inge Storm, Master thesis, January 2011.
- Shear induced hard sphere crystallization
Thijs Besseling, Master thesis, 2010.
- Kristallisatie en manipulatie van colloïden door middel van diëlektroforese en een template
Floor Kamphorst, Bachelor thesis, 2010.
- Silica rods with and without electric field
Nikolaos Christogiannis, Internship thesis, August 2010.
- Stack formation in colloidal hemispherical caps
Marlous Kamp, Master thesis, June 2010.
Controlled doping of a photonic crystal – Creating regular 3D crystals
Georgi Dyankov, Bachelor thesis, June 2010.
- Crystal formation of binary oppositely charged colloids with a size ratio of 0.5
Ernest van der Wee, Bachelor thesis, May 2010.
- Silica Coating of fd Viruses
Menno Bergmeijer, Internship thesis, November 2009.
- Preparing gold nanorods
Menno Bergmeijer, Master thesis, July 2009.
Creation and characterization of a colloidal photonic crystal with a 2-dimensional local defect
Thomas Habets, Master thesis, January 2009.
- Spin-coating colloidal photonic crystals
Rianne ’t Hoen, Bachelor thesis, October 2008.
- Polydispersity-induced effects on long-range order in silica crystals
Marlous Kamp, Bachelor thesis, July 2008.
- Self-organization of colloidal hemispherical caps
Rob Kortschot, Master thesis, May 2008.
- Real-space structure of colloidal hard-sphere glasses in experiments and simulations
Marjolein van der Linden, Master thesis, May 2008.
- Colloidal PMMA dumbbells
Wessel Vlug, Bachelor thesis, October 2007.
- Binary colloidal crystals in external fields
Anke Kuijk, Master thesis, October 2007.
- Fixing binary colloidal crystals for photonic applications
Lucas Kunneman, Bachelor thesis, January 2007.
- Doping colloidal photonic crystals with dielectric defects
Ronen ’t Hoog, Bachelor thesis, November 2006.
- Crystallization of a colloidal fluid by applying dielectrophoresis
Gerben ten Grotenhuis, Bachelor Research, August 2006.
- Incorporating lathanides into silica colloids
Johan Stiefelhagen, Master thesis, August 2006.
- Point defects is colloidal photonic crystals
Brian Droop, Research project, March 2006.
- Defects in colloidal crystals: A quantitative real-space analysis
Minko van der Maas, Research project, January 2006.
- Line-scanned optical tweezers for measuring colloidal interactions
Floor van de Pavert, Master thesis, 2005.
- Binary colloidal crystals grown under an external electric field
Michiel Hermes, Research project, July 2005.
- Colloidal crystallization induced by optical forces
Myrthe Plasier, Research project, June 2005.
- Acoustic excitations in photonic crystals
J. C. P. Stiefelhagen, Research project, March 2005.
- Surfactant stabilized PDMS emulsions: Preparation and application in directed silica growth
Patrick Steegstra, Research project, January 2005.
- Diffraction by colloidal crystals
Job Thijssen, Internal report, July 2003.
- Towards metallodielectric photonic crystals
Job Thijssen, Master thesis, March 2003.
- From Modulated Wafers to Silicon Rods
Patrick Johnson, Work discussion, 17 January 2003.
- Electric field induced solid-solid phase transition in an electro-rheological fluid
Alan Wouterse, Master thesis, February 2002.
- Extraordinary Optical Transmission through Subwavelength Hole Arrays
Job Thijssen, Research project, 2000- 2001.
- Real-space analysis of a colloidal crystal and crystallization in a gravitational field
Peter Vergeer, Master thesis, July 2001.
- Growth and characterization of thin colloidal crystals
Roel Dullens, Master thesis, February 1999 – March 2000.